Business News

‘Road robbery’: Critics slam VP Harris for ‘breaking’ Medicare trust fund

Vice President Kamala Harris is facing pressure to swear to protect the Medicare trust fund, as critics point out her administration’s move to step in to solve premium increases.

Both Harris and former President Donald Trump participated in a study by the leading advocacy group for Americans over 50 – the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) – covering social security and health care issues.

“I will always fight to protect and strengthen Medicare for this generation and generations to come,” Harris told AARP last week.

BIDEN-HARRIS ADMIN PROBE INCORPORATED THROUGH MEDICARE PREMIUM OFFSET PLAN BEFORE ELECTION.

Vice President Kamala Harris speaks during a campaign event in Flint, Michigan, on Friday, Oct. 4, 2024. (Photographer: Sarah Rice/Bloomberg via Getty Images/Getty Images)

“That includes getting a Medicare trust fund and making sure that big corporations and the wealthy pay their fair share of taxes, which, by the way, they can’t,” he said.

The move critics say is designed to protect The Biden-Harris administration since the fall of the election, the administration has been found this year to have taxpayer money to hide the upcoming increase in Medicare premiums.

Less than- Anti-Inflation Actintended to cover out-of-pocket drug costs for Medicare beneficiaries, insurers are poised to raise monthly premiums, with average bids for Part D plans expected to triple by 2025.

In response to voter backlash, voters Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) is launching a three-year “demonstration project” to fund these premiums, aimed at keeping them artificially low.

EXPERT SAYS MEDICAID, MEDICAL REFORM ESSENTIAL AND COULD SAVE $2.1 TRILLION

social security card lying on $20 bills with coins

The Congressional Budget Office released a financial analysis of the Medicare Part D Premium Stabilization Demonstration Program for the Biden-Harris administration. (iStock / Stock)

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO) released a financial analysis of the Biden-Harris administration’s Medicare Part D Premium Stabilization Demonstration Program this week, estimating it could cost taxpayers more than $21 billion over three years.

“It didn’t take long for VP Harris to break the pledge to ‘get the #Medicare trust fund’ from @AARP,” the advocacy group Commitment to Seniors wrote on X.

The founder of the Heritage Foundation, Stephen Moore, called it, “More highway robbery from the Dems on the Medicare trust fund.”

“Seniors beware,” he added.

Some Republicans say the plan, introduced by CMS, aims to illegally lower premiums for the elderly, which have risen amid rising costs caused by Democratic policies.

NEARLY 1M MEDICARE BENEFICIARIES COULD BE AFFECTED AFTER DATA BREAK

Close-up photo of Kamala Harris

Vice President Kamala Harris takes the stage to speak on day 4 of the Democratic National Convention at the United Center on Aug. 22, 2024 in Chicago. (Photo by Melina Mara/The Washington Post via Getty Images)

“When Democrats made sweeping changes to Medicare two years ago, they imposed new costs and fewer options on seniors. This unbiased CBO analysis confirms that CMS’s cost-shifting plan is a dishonest election-year gimmick to cover up those consequences,” a senior member said. of the CBO. budget committee sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, in a statement.

“Instead of coming to the table and legally resolving their collective mistakes, the Biden-Harris administration is throwing taxpayer dollars at the problems it created, putting the American people on the hook for tens of billions of dollars more,” he said.

FOX Business did not respond to the Harris campaign by press deadline.

GET FOX BUSINESS ON THE GO BY CLICKING HERE


Source link

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button